The National Universities Commission has on Wednesday approved seven undergraduate and twenty-one postgraduate academic programmes for Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
This was contained in a letter from the office of the Executive Secretary of the Commission, Prof. Abubakar Basheer, dated 10th February, 2021.
According to the Commission, a resource verification visit had been previously carried out by the panel of experts to some proposed academic programs in the school with a view to accessing the human and material resources available for their establishments.
“I am directed to inform the Vice Chancellor that the Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the full time mode of the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to be run in the Main Campus of the University, effective from 2020/2021 academic session:
“1. M. Sc and Ph.D Medical Laboratory Science
2. Doctor of Optometry
3. B.Sc. (Ed) Computer Science
4. B. (Ed) Curriculum Studies
5. B.(Ed) Guidance and Counseling
6. B.Sc (Ed) Library and Information Science
7. B. Sc (Ed) Agricultural Science Education
8. M. Sc Management Studies
9. M. Phil/Ph.D Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
10. Ph.D Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
11. Ph.D Pharmaceutical Microbiology
12. M.Sc Pharmaceutical Microbiology
13. M.Phil Pharmaceutical Microbiology
14. (BPT) Bachelor of Physiotherapy
15. MSc. Public Administration
16. M.Phil Public Administration”
17. Ph.D Public Administration
18. B.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics
19. M.Phil/Ph.D Peace and Conflict Studies
20. M.Sc Peace and Security Studies
21. Master of Peace and Security Studies
22. Postgraduate Diploma in Peacd and Conflict Studies
23. MSc. Pharmaceutics
24. M.Phil/ Ph.D Pharmaceutics
25. Ph.D Pharmaceutics
26. M.Sc Pharmacology and Toxicology
27. M.Phil/Ph.D Pharmacology and Toxicology
28. Ph.D Pharmacology and Toxicology,” the letter read in part.
The Commission added that the approval does not cover the part time mode of delivery of the Programmes, emphasising on the re-approval of the commission, if any change occur.
The Commission urged the institution to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes.
“I am to add that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the Programmes. All programmes shall bear only the approved titles and nomenclatures and any change will require re-approval of the Commission.
“The University is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes,” it concluded.