The Photos app has a “Select” command on every screen and in every folder, so you can use it anywhere.
You can also select all the photos in a folder or all the photos on your iPhone by tapping and dragging your finger around.
You’ll select all the photos in the current location as the iPhone scrolls through photos.
After making your selection, you can tap the “Delete” or share button to delete or share them.
Need to select multiple photos on your iPhone so you can display them as a slideshow, share them, or delete them?
It’s simple to select a handful of photos on your iPhone , or even all your photos at once.
How to select multiple photos on an iPhone
1. Start the Photos app. It should automatically open on the Photos tab, set to All Photos. You can navigate to whatever folder you want to select photos in.
2. Tap “Select” at the top right of the screen.
How to select multiple photos on the iPhone 1
3. Lightly tap each photo you want to select. You can scroll as you go, if all the photos you want aren’t on the screen at once. You can see a running total of selected photos at the bottom of the screen.
4. When you’re ready, tap the Share button (the box with an arrow coming out of it in the bottom-left corner) or Delete to take action on the selected photos.
How to select multiple photos on the iPhone 2
How to select all the photos in a folder or on your iPhone
There is no “Select All” command in the Photos app, but you can select all the photos in a folder (or even all photos on an iPhone) in a slightly more manual way.
1. Start the Photos app and navigate to the folder you want to select in its entirety. If you want to select all the photos on the phone, stay on the “All Photos” section of the Photos tab.
2. Tap “Select” in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Lightly tap the very last photo in the folder and immediately swipe your finger to the left, then move it up towards the upper left corner of the screen. As you do this, you should see photos being selected under your finger. This might some practice to do correctly, so don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work correctly the first time you try it.
How to select multiple photos on the iPhone 3
4. Move your finger up to the clock and leave it there until the album scrolls all the way to the first photo, and they’re all selected.
How to select multiple photos on the iPhone 4